What is Tamalpa Life Art?
Since ancient times the power of dance, storytelling, painting and ritual have been used to
reveal, heal and educate.
Tamalpa Life /Art ® is an internationally-recognized expressive arts approach developed by
dancer Anna Halprin and therapist
Daria Halprin at the
Tamalpa Insititute, California.
Tamalpa combines movement, visual arts, performance techniques, creative writing and therapeutic
practices to access the innate wisdom of the body and the transformative power of the
It is for those looking for an approach which is creative, dynamic and genuinely different;
one which supports personal, interpersonal and social change and also teaches new models of health,
education, psychology and art.
With 26 bones in each foot
And 26 letters in the alphabet
Is it any wonder
I pronounce myself in movement?
Enunciating imagination and emotion
With the language of the body
Articulating the all of me,
Bone by bone
Muscle by muscle
Breath by breath
What it is
Cameron Kincaid Richardson 2010
Tamalpa life art practitioner
Benefits Of Tamalpa
- Develops creative expression
- Awakens the powerful connection between mind and body
- Deepens physical,emotional and mental awareness
- Changes habitual patterns of response
- Increases health and wellbeing
- Teaches effective communication skills, creative problem solving and embodied leadership
- Provides tools to navigate lifes challenges
- Offers methods for facilitating organisational change
- Reduces stress and provides stress management tools
- Builds community through the shared practice of creativity and art
Click for more information on my One To One sessions,